Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Friends

Today has reminded me of the importance of life it's self, friends, and time. For all have such busy lives running week after week to work, school and clubs. So it is only a matter of time before something comes along and knocks you for six.

Today as a shock hit a friend's family with a member of their family holding onto life by a thread. It made me reflect on friendship. It made me think of this saying:


The most valuable gift I can offer a friend is time, and today she needed that. Nothing else anything mattered to me today than being an active listener, a shoulder and anything she needed.

I think there are not many people that I can call a friend. This is because I give so much to friends as they need it that, I simply couldn't have too many. I hope that by the way I am a friend  will one day be returned.

For many they are an aquantance but still I try to give as much support as I can and only yesterday offered these words to someone I have known for a number of years that lost their dad.

"I hope at some point you will find comfort in the happy memories you have shared. Let you have the strength to guide you children through their outpouring of emotions and know that although their lives were only touched for a short time there will always be a guardian angel watching over them and in some way influencing their lives. May us all take a moment to share in your grief. Xx"



Long may I feel the need to spend time on others ............

No comments:

Post a Comment