Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Becoming an Aunty

Some may say that becoming an Aunty is just another inevitable event in the nature of a family. This just event has already been blessed on me once before. So is it really that important?? Well for me yes, as I only have one sibling a sister. In a modern 1st world country, when both us and our husbands world hard to provide for our families, we both have concluded that only having the children we can provide for is better than having a large family.


 
 

The event of giving birth can never be planned. So the worry is that it is when you least expect it. So it was amazing to have everything come together. Firstly I had planned to go down to see my sister with my boys to keep her on her feet. We went shopping, swimming and had a halloween party, as my nephew had a PD day at school. We had had a curry the night before but that hadn't helped.

So whilst she went to bed we stayed up and watched movies. Needing my sleep I went to bed after 11pm, ready for a busy weekend with the three boys. I so longed for things to happen whilst we were down there. Just after 2am I was woken by a shadowy figure saying they were off to hospital. Normally a deep sleeper, I woke in a flash and went to find out more. Clearly in a lot of pain and in labour they went straight off to hospital about half two. I not wanting to wake the children got comfortable on the sofa with my phone, the dog, a fleece and sky news. Minutes seemed like hours, and with interuptions from two of the boys not sleeping well, there was no time to rest. After giving up and letting the boys come downstairs to watch Disney Junior, I got the text I had been waiting for. The birth of my nephew, weighing in at 9lb 7oz before 6am.

  
It simply couldn't have been better. No worries about looking after their eldest, and I took the boys out to buy a outfit and cards for my sister and brother in law, to allow him to have a little more than the half hour he said he was going to have. I couldn't have asked for more.............

1 comment:

  1. That is very special - congrats on being an Aunt again, it means you can spoil another little one. Your Sister was lucky to have you there for her ♥

    ReplyDelete